New developments on Egypt’s unrest, the attorney general has issued an order of stopping former defense minister (pictured), former tourism minister, businessman and former general policy organizing in the ruling party (NDP) from leaving the country until all inquiries are over and freeze their bank accounts, the mentioned personnel tried to go out of the country what described by others as running away from persecutions.
As protests continues in different cities of Egypt, Cairo had a big portion in these protests, where two groups clashed for the second time leaving scores with injuries, vice president Mr.Omar Suleman described the incident as a very sorry and that it was a conspiracy having foreign agendas’ fingerprints aiming to divide the ummah, he vowed to punish those behind this.
On his part the prime minister Mr.Ahmed also described the incident as “very embarrassing and unwanted and that this is unusual to Egyptian society”, describing yesterday’s clashes the minister “how that happened and who allowed the pro Mubarak supporters to go to where ant Muubarak protesters were gathering” the minister wondered amid promise to bring those responsible for this to justice.
On other hand Ministry of health confirmed the letter denied incident that there were casualties from live bullets only to accept that two were indeed shot in head and lost their life before they reached the hospital, the protests left 1028 with injuries. Meanwhile the protesters have called Friday’s demonstrations as the Friday of departure (for Mr.Mubarak)
On his speech on a television channel, Hosni Mubarak, 82, declared that he, after 62 of being in public service, would like to rest but will not resign today because if he does so, there will be great chaos in his country. He affirmed that he would not contest again in the forth coming Presidential Election.
New Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman rejects demands for President Hosni Mubarak’s resignation, saying it would be “a call to chaos.” Such a resignation “is a very strange philosophy to the ideology of the people,” he says. “We all respect the leader, Hosni Mubarak, and what he has offered the country over the past 30 years and the service he has rendered.” “To step down would be a call to chaos,” he says. Suleiman calls upon protesters to end their week-long demonstrations. “Go back home,” he says. “Leave the official to take action to your demands in order to save time.” Suleiman was appointed vice president last week by Mubarak in his first response to the eruption of demonstrations demanding the president’s ouster. He says he has met with members of the outlawed opposition group, the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as members of the youth movement that began last week’s protests.