ORIGIN OF LAYLATUL QADR
Anas (R.A) in Durre Manthur said rasul llah (SAW) said that “laylatul qadr” was granted to this ummat only and not any other ummat before.
Laylatul qadr was given because of the following reasons;
- Prophet SAW used to ponder over longer lives of people of old and when comparing them with the much shorter lives of his ummat.He became greatly saddened,because if his ummat wished to compete with the people before them to either emulate or surpass the previous ummah in the doing of righteous deeds.
Also another report states that it so happened that our nabi SAW once mentioned the names of four most pious people from among the bani Israil each of whom spent eighty years in Allah’s sincere service,worshipping HIM without a single transgression.These were (1)Ayub.(2)Zakariya (3)Ezekiel and (4)Yousha.The sahaba heard this wondering how to emulate their achievements.
Another report states that rasul SAW once reported to sahabas about the story of a very righteous man from bani Israil who spent 1000 month in jihad. On hearing this, the sahaba enviously felt that they could not attain the same reward.
WHEN IS LAYLATUL QADR
Apart from many hadeeth people can mention to have been narrated by prophet S.A.W, quran itself is able to solve the problem. You know quran has answers to all problems and it is us who do not know where the answers are in the Quran for problems that we have.
If we look closely to these three ayats, they all contain the words Laylatul qadr. This means the whole Quran mentions the word Laylatul qadr 3 times. The word Laylatul qadr in Arabic has 9 letters as can be seen for those who know how to read Arabic Quran. So if 9 (letters) is multiplies by 3 (times) the answer is 27. There on its own Quran points to the 27th night as the night of power.
WHAT TO DO DURING LAYLATUL QADR
- RECITING ASTAGAFAR
- RECITING INNA ANZALINAHU….
- DO SALAAT TASBIH
- DO AFZUL ZHIKIR i.e LAA ILAHA ILALLAH MUHAMMADAR RASULU LLAH
SUPPLICATION OF MOUSA TO ALLAH
A hadeeth indicates the fate of every believer for the coming year is decreed on this night. When our prophet (SAW) was asked how man could enjoy the favours and good grace of being closer to Allah and mercy of Allah (SWT),he quoted prophet moosa (AS) in his supplication to Allah.
- Oh Allah, I seek to be closer to you, Allah replied”closer to me is for him who stay awake on laylatul qadr.”
- Oh Allah, Iam in need of your mercy.Allah replied,”my mecy is for him who shows mercy to the poor on laylatul qadr”
- Oh Allah,I am in need of the passport to cross the bridge,Allah replied”that is for him who give alms on laylatul qadr”
- Oh Allah, I am in need of the trees in paradise and their fruits,Allah said”that is for him who seeks forgiveness on laylatulqadr”
- Oh Allah,I seek deliverance from fire,Allah said”That is for him who remembers Allah on laylatul qadr”
- Oh my God,I seek your good pleasure,Allah said”that is for him who says a two rakaat prayer on laylatul qadr”
Therefore let us keep awake and try as much as possible to do some ibadat during this night