When we wake up in the morning we have to thank Allah for giving us that beatiful day. Several Muslims have not seen this day due to different reasons but Allah has loved us today. I know we all sometimes have our own ways of starting a day, but I would prefer anyone to follow the following rules:
1. Today I will not strike back-that is to say if someone is rude, impatient, unkind. I will not respond in a like manner.
2. Today I will ask Allah to bless my “enemy”- that is to say, if I come accross someone who treats me harshly or unfairy, I will ask Allah to bless that individual, I understand the enemy could be a family member, neighbour, workmate or a stranger.
3. Today I will be careful about what I say-that is to say, I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread a gossip.
4. Today I will go the extra mile-that is to say, I will find ways help share the burden of another person.
5. Today I will forgive-that is to say I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
6. Today I will do something nice for someone, but I will do it secretly-that is to say, I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.
7. Today I will treat others the way I wish to be treated-that is to say, I will practice the golden rule-” Do unto others as I would have them do unto me” with everyone I encounter.
8. Today I will raise the spirits of someone I discouraged-that is to say, my smile, words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling life.
9. Today I will nurture my boday-that is to say I will eat less, eat only healthy food, I will thank Allah for my boday.
10. Today I will grow spirituality-that is to say I will spend a little more time in Salaah and Duwah today, I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational today, I will find a quite place ( at some point during the day) and contemplate on the purpose of life.