Assalam alaikum. I must apoligise for taking a long time before writing something on this column. But now I am back and I promise that I will continue to share with you some of the inspiring articles.
So, in today’s article I will talk about spiritual tips that will help you to wake for Fajr. Everyone is aware that waking up for Fajr is not easy and it takes a strong man, with strong imaan to do it.
But if you are reading this article, regard yourself as lucky and I believe you will share it with your friends and family so that they can benefit too.
You have to know that no matter how genius or holy you are, you can’t manage to wake up for Fajr everyday without the help of Allah… never! Others have tried it before and they have failed – they only managed to do it for few days before they were engulfed with Shaytan.
So, below are some of the spiritual tools that will help you to wake up for Fajr every day, courtesy of ProductiveMuslim.com.
Read them carefully and believe me, you will see some changes in few days.
- Know who Allah is: This is the key and number one tool to waking up for Fajr. If you know Who you’re worshipping, and you know that He requests that you get up in the morning and pray to Him, you’ll wake up. It’s our lack of understanding of who Allah is that makes us slump into scenario 2 all the time. Know your Lord, that’s key.
- Sincerity: Be sincere about waking up for fajr, don’t just say to yourself: “InshaAllah, it’ll be nice if I wake up for fajr” be sincere about it, and say: “I will wake up for fajr” I find it useful sometimes to talk to myself about it before going to sleep and say: “I will wake up for fajr, i don’t care how, but I’ll definitely will!”
- Wudu before sleep: Ibn Abbas reported that Allah’s Messenger said: “Purify these bodies and Allah will purify you, for there is no slave who goes to sleep in a state of purity but an Angel spends the night with him, and every time he turns over, [the Angel] says, ‘O Allah! Forgive Your slave, for he went to bed in a state of purity.” Do you think that such a person would be left to oversleep and miss fajr?
- Witr Prayer + Dua: Make sure you don’t sleep before performing your witr prayer, and supplicate to Allah during your Witr prayer to help you wake up for Fajr, remember, “You Alone we Worship, and You Alone we Seek help from.”
- Read some Quran: Ending the day with verses of the Noble Quran will sure put your focus straight on waking up for salaat. Prophet Muhammad used to recommend that we recite Surat Al-Sajdah, and Surat Al-Mulk (Chapters 32 and 67) before going to sleep.
- Remember Allah before you go to Sleep: This is part of the first point, and you can find all the supplications you need to recite before going to sleep here. You might need to print them off and read them off paper at first, but within a week or two you should be able to memorize them fully and just recite them before dozing off.
- Remember the rewards attached to Fajr Salaat: from being safe from being a hypocrite, to having light on the day of judgement, to being under Allah’s protection the whole day, to having laziness removed from us that day and being productive. Remember these rewards and you’ll sure wake up.
That’s it I had for you today. Feel free to fill the comment form below if you have any ideas to wake up for Fajr.