“O you who believe! When the call is made for prayer on Friday, then hasten to the remembrance of Allah and leave off trading; that is better for you, if you know. But when the prayer is ended, then disperse abroad in the land and seek of Allah’s grace, and remember Allah much, that you may be successful. And when they see merchandise or sport they break up for It, and leave you standing. Say: What is with Allah is better than sport and (better) than merchandise, and Allah is the best of Sustainers”. Surah e Jumah
So we can see the significance of the Friday prayer in Quran. Now the question is how it should be offered. Sunnah has explained it all:
1. The imam should carry out ablution.
2. The imam should be properly dressed.
3. It should be offered from the minbar by the imam.
4. Minbar should b placed at the right side of mehrab.
5. Imam should stand on the second step and sit on the third one.
6. In case there is no minbar the imam should stand on an elevated place.
7. If there is no elevated place or minbar the imam should stand on the musala facing towards the people offering the Friday prayer.
8. He should say salaam as such “Assalam ‘alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh”
9. After this process the adhan for Khutba is given in the sitting position.
10. Khutba begins with the name of Allah and his praise i.e. hamd.
11. It is preceded with declaration of faith.
12. Then peace and blessing is sent on the prophet.
13. Then verse of Quran is recited, after recitation the verse of Quran can be translated by the imam so that people can know the meaning of it.
14. After the first Khutba the imam can sit down and in the mean time any three short verses of Quran is recited or the SubhanAllah is said.
15. The first one comprises of the matters of the community.
16. After the second Khutba prayer is said for people.