Muslims Association of Malawi (MAM) is a religious organisation which is the mouthpiece for all Muslims in Malawi and acts as an umbrella of all Islamic Non-Governmental Organisations in the Country. It provides a forum for peaceful resolution on issues affecting Muslims in the country.
In addition, it provides linkages between the Muslims and non-Muslims on one hand and the Government on the other. MAM continues to complement Government’s efforts in social economic development of Muslims in Malawi through the provision of education, health and social –economic services among others.
MAM is therefore, inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Muslims to fill the post of Executive Secretary tenable at Quran House Blantyre on three years renewable contract.
- Implement the strategic goals and objectives of MAM
- Provide administrative leadership to the Association and take responsibility for its management within the strategic and accountability framework established by the Board of Trustees
- Enable the Executive Committee to fulfil its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the Association
- To ensure that the Association’s vision, mission, objective and values are regularly reviewed
- Develop policy proposals for Executive Committee decision and approval
- Ensure that the Association has the right human, material and financial resources it needs to operate efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that the Association has the right management systems and structures to carry out its work effectively, accountably and safely, and provide leadership expertise and direction to all members of staff
- Conduct quarterly and annual staff appraisals to ensure set target are met and star performers rewarded accordingly
Key Skills and Competencies
- Must be mature, devoted Muslim tragic thinker and result oriented
- Must have strong management and analytical skills with demonstrable leadership
- Must have good communication skills and ability to get the best in all situations
- Must be computer literate
- Must be a team player and problem handler
- Must be honest, proactive in all situations
- Must be able to network and interact with a diverse range of clients, stakeholders and organisations
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of business Administration or its equivalent obtained from recognised board or learning institution
- Possession of accounting, marketing and human resource qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of Islamic principles , values and ethics
- Experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures
A very attractive package (clean Wage) commensurate with qualification and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Mode of Application
Interested candidate that meet the above requirements should send their application together with acomprehensive Curriculum Vitae , contact telephone or cell phone and three traceable referees to:
Only short listed application will be acknowledged.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 May, 2014